Summer is here and I’m feeling the blues! Taking inspiration from clear blue skies, blue swimming pools and the sparkling blue ocean – here’s a look at some of my must haves for your Summer 2015 wardrobe.
- I’m loving patterned shorts right now. Especially the ones with elastic waistbands! They’re cozy, cute and leave a little extra room for that post BBQ (or in my case – post baby) belly!
- Solid tanks are definitely a summer staple. Buy them in several colors to mix and match with casual outfits like the one I’ve created. Wear them with jeans and strappy heels to dress it up for date night. Or throw them on over your bathing suit for a simple cover-up. I like to buy the longer lengths for a little extra coverage.
- A denim jacket polishes the look. You can never go wrong with a denim jacket! They will always be stylish and can be worn during any season. I also like to throw one on over a flowy dress to add some contrast between soft and structured.
- Add bright and colorful accessories to complete your outfit. This is the fun part! Switching out some simple accessories can totally transform your look. I’m more of an earring kind of girl, but you could also have some fun with bright, beaded necklaces or bracelets. For sunglasses, I tend to buy less expensive pairs – that way I can get a few pairs and I won’t feel bad if I wreck them with sand and salt.
- Gold is my favorite “neutral”. These gold sandals are so fun and summery. And, just like nude tans, gold goes well with most any color palette.
Take a look at my inspiration board and click links below for pricing info and where to buy.
BKE core extra long tank / Gap blue jean jacket / Pom Pom Shorts Cobalt and Hot Pink Polka Dot Pattern With Hot Pink Pom… / Charlotte Russe gold gladiator sandals / Michael Kors travel tote bag / Diane Von Furstenberg beaded jewelry / Michael kors ring / Women’s Journee Collection Square Sunglasses wit… : Target / Lancome Vernis in Love – Long Lasting Luxury Nail Polish – Nail Color…